Friday, February 16, 2007

First Blog

Writer’s Ellipsis

This should be startling, brilliant and memorable as it is the first in a line of (I hope), many Blogs to follow.

I have other Blogs the list will be posted here.

Maybe I should explain the use of Ellipsis within the naming of my Blogs.
Ellipsis is the omission of one or more words from a sentence. For me, that would reference my odd way of stating an angry rebuttal; or, my pet name for my husband.
It also makes note of the in-between words that are omitted in daily life. Those not said. That fear will stop us from referencing. And, censors try to stomp out of us.

I don’t mean, vulgar statements that pose no benefit what so ever in anyone’s life. I believe that there is always ten other words to use, to explain your feelings, ideas or thoughts. Then there are those times, when only that one word will work. At that point, an ellipsis *** allows them to be used, where they can not be written out complete.

I will post here all the writing contests that I enter. Whether, or not they have positive feedback. If anyone wishes to add comments I welcome all.

Glad to be part of this Blog…..Gerard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I attract yon your blog via Google while searching doomed recompense gold medal aid representing a nub condemn and your register looks damned attractive for me

Anonymous said...

Well, that is odd. Glad you found me here!
I wrote a lot more here:
http://gerardinebaugh.wordpress.com/

and here:
http://www.examiner.com/plant-life-in-chicago/gerardine-baugh

Stop by and read. Have a great day!
Gerardine